For many of us, our relationships are an imperative component of our own mental health. You may desire to be in a loving, committed and fulfilling relationship. When conflict develops in our relationships it can become unhealthy and lead to emotions such as: grief, loneliness, frustration, hurt, and anger.
Do we need couple’s counselling?
Here are some signs that you may have hit a difficult period in your relationships and that it may be time to consider seeing a relationship counsellor:
- you are irritable towards your partner
- you do not want to be physically affectionate with them
- you do not like their habits
- arguments escalate quickly and intensely
- you feel you have grown apart
- you are experiencing problems with sex and intamacy
- it feels like you’re more friends than romantic partners
- you do not trust your partner
Relationship difficulties can affect your self-esteem and self-worth. Experiencing relationship conflict could increase your risk of experiencing mental health issues such as anxiety and depression.
It can also affect your physical health, sleeping patterns, eating patterns, social interactions and ability to concentrate.
How can relationship counselling help?
Your practitioner at Helios Psychology can provide you with understanding and strategies to help you work through your relationship conflicts and maintain a healthy relationship in the future.
- resolve repetitive arguments
- build trust
- provide a neutral perspective
- identify and resolve unhealthy patterns
- diffuse anger and resentment
- rekindle intimacy within the relationship
- improve communication skills
We're Here to Help
If you have any questions or would like more information about our services, please feel free to contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.